Chocolate Factory Tour & Tasting
Learn. Tour. Taste. Experience The Journey!
A custom Private Chocolate Tour of Los Angeles' First Bean-to-Bar Factory! Our cacao expert will lead you through an intimate discussion and experience of ChocoVivo's home base factory and cafe, and teach you about the origins and history of chocolate. We will share how we stone-grind our single-origin organic cacao and the benefits of eating and drinking chocolate.
Enjoy a tasting of 7 different chocolates from any of these bars, paired with one full size choice chocolate drink (less the Frozen Hot Chocolate). All drinks are customizable with your type of chocolate and dairy and non-dairy milk options.
The tasting will take place in our meditation space at our shop in Culver City, a short distance from the beach and beautiful Westside Los Angeles. Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and step into the oasis of ChocoVivo to celebrate yourself, cacao and inner peace.
What makes our tour unique and special?
- Taste chocolate with an understanding of the real historical context of usage
- Taste chocolate with naturally fruity, floral, spice, and chocolatey flavors
- Taste chocolate directly sourced from a 100-year real working chocolate farm
- Understand Maya heritage and authenticity of cacao uses
- Interactive cacao tasting experience
- Guided Chocolate Tasting of up to 14 different flavors
- Understand Oaxacan methods vs European methods of grinding cacao
- Extensive chocolate tasting, education, and comparisons
- Taste ripe chocolate fruit
- We make 100% of our chocolate with Maya single-origin cocoa beans
- Cacao products found nowhere else in the world!
- Friendly knowledgable staff
- Featured in publications like the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, and Eater LA
- Sole chocolate exhibitor at the prestigious 2023 Maya Museum Exhibit at the California Science Center!
- Private Custom Tour
Monday thru Thursday 12 – 4 PM; Friday thru Sunday 1 – 6 PM. Experience lasts about 1 hour to 1.5 hours.LOCATION
12469 W Washington Blvd
Culver City, CA 90066
This is a custom tour and there will not be any others booked at your time slot.
Pricing includes a 15% gratuity. If you enjoy the event, additional gratuity at time of event is greatly appreciated.
IMPORTANT: OUR POLICY ON REFUNDS AND RESCHEDULING.
**Tours must be booked up to 24 hours in advance. For same-day tours or if you would like to book a tour within 24 hours of the tour, please call us at 310-845-6259 for availability. For large parties of 6+ more, we appreciate a 3-day window to make sure our staffing is sufficient. Email firstname.lastname@example.org**
**Tickets are non-refundable once booked. We cannot reschedule 2 days before the booked tour date.
MINIMALLY FERMENTED >LOWER ACID >MORE ANTIOXIDANTS
Our beans are specially fermented for less than 3 days. This creates less acidity. Research has shown that less days of fermentation means more flavanols are maintained in the chocolate.
BENEFITS OF CACAO
Packed with fiber, flavanols, protein, calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, iron and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B9 and E.
High in antioxidants – typical serving size of cacao has more antioxidants than blueberries, red wine, and green tea.
High levels of essential minerals like magnesium. Magnesium helps to promote brain chemistry, build strong bones, and help regulate heartbeat and blood pressure, sulfur, calcium.
Cacao inherently has no sugar inside.
ORGANICALLY GROWN USING SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES
Our beans are organically grown and more than fair-trade. We are continually working with our grower to protect the region and educate people in the area.
LITTLE KNOWN CACAO FACTS
An ancient superfood packed with antioxidants, fiber, calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, and vitamins B1, B2, B5, B9 and E.
Contains zero sugar.
High fat, high protein.
Has zero caffeine. Contains its cousin called Theobromine.
A prebiotic that is rich in polyphenols.
Helps boost collagen production.
Cacao Beginner’s Guide