For those of you foreign to Cacao Ceremonies, our Cacao Ceremonies are a a celebratory ritual that opens the heart through the use of “soundbaths” and cacao. Traditionally Cacao Ceremonies have been conducted by the Maya and Ancient Aztec. Origins source back to 1900 B.C. Ceremonies were conducted by ancient shaman, to prepare for or be propelled into journeys. Modern day Cacao Ceremonies are still conducted. ChocoVivo is playing a part in bringing the heart opening ceremony to a more global audience, by conducting ceremonies the last Friday of every month.
Come with phone preferably off and or on silent. Phones through their sound can distract from the ceremony and disrupt the journey.
- Come with an open mind - you don’t have to be a health guru or chocolate connoisseur to participate in a cacao ceremony so don’t fret. Cacao ceremonies do different things for every one of us don’t go in expecting a spiritual revelation simply come and whatever happens happens.
- Expect to take off your shoes so if you have toes you’d rather keep hidden make sure your socks and not sandals.
- There’s no formal attire or uniform to wear during an official cacao ceremony so dress comfortably because you’ll be sitting.
- Cacao ceremonies are meant to help soothe bring along a transition in your life do not be afraid if that transition is not as much or more than you’d expect.
- Keep in mind cacao ceremonies are an experience. It’s best to simply enjoy it.
- Cacao ceremonies typically last 15 minutes with a moment of sharing afterwards.
- Be ready for unashamed heart opening and or bearing as well as being expected to describe in words your experience.
Here are a couple testimonies from our last attendees:
What did you expect in this cacao ceremony?
Susan: No expectations. I was just available to an experience
Darcy: Well that was my third one. I didn’t have any expectations. I was intrigued by the Mayan Tradition of drinking cacao...with the focus of breath, the spiritual element of sharing of cacao and the community.
Who do you recommend coming to our cacao ceremony?
Susan:Anyone and everyone
Darcy: I feel like it’s for everyone.
Why did you attend Friday’s Cacao Ceremony?
Susan: I want to understand more deeply the importance and benefit of cacao.
Darcy: I feel like I learn a lot about myself.
How did you feel after the cacao ceremony, both physically and spiritually?
Susan: I felt as If I were vibrating internally at a faster pace. I felt lighter more available, and relaxed. The whole experience was soothing and comforting.
Darcy: Full of delight and vibration. I felt enlivened enheartened to see people come together in this way.
What would you recommend a newcomer do to prep for their first Cacao Ceremony?
Susan: Just stay curious to all that you feel and be available to yourself..
Darcy: Prepare to sit on the ground, wear comfortable clothes, stay available and open, and curious.
Checkout and sign up for all our next cacao ceremonies here, hope to see you there!