LA's Ice Cream Scene is no exception.
LA is quite the multi-cultural city, where you can find flavors from across the globe. Check out our Top 5 Ice Cream Shops in Los Angeles, outside of Salt & Straw which can always be found at ChocoVivo.
Dark Chocolate is not only a great dessert and snack. It can be incorporated into your skin regimen. When you eat concentrated dark chocolate (70% and higher) you will benefit from the flavonoids and phytonutrients that are naturally occuring in cacao. When eaten on a regular basis, flavonoids help skin to reflect UV light, which contributes to improved skin appearance by reducing photo damage and collagen breakdown.
You don't need to eat it in order to obtain these benefits. Below are a few recipes to use cacao to moisturize skin and hair, prevent wrinkles, and improve hair elasticity.
1. Cacao Foot and Hand Scrub
- 5 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- 3 drops of Chocovivo Chocolate + Rose Body Oil ( a little goes a long way)
- Add all the ingredients together store in a small glass container.
- Use on hand and feet to scrub away dead skin and leave your hand feet and cuticles soft and moisturized use once a week or as needed
2. Aloe Vera and Cacao Powder Hair Mask
- 4 tablespoons of organic Aloe Vera
- 3 tablespoons of Chocovivo 100% cacao Powder
- Mix the ingredients together
- Apply to damp hair and leave on for 30 minutes
- Rinse off and welcome moisturized and CLEAN! Hair
3. Rosewater and CBD Cacao Tincture Hair Rinse
- 1 cup Rose petals and distilled water “or” store bought rosewater
- 4 drops of ChocoVivo’s CBD Cacao Tincture
- To make your own rosewater
- bring distilled water to a boil in a lidded pot
- Use 4 rose head petals and put roses in pot
- Cover pot with lid and let simmer
- Once petals lose color turn off heat and let sit for 20 minutes
- Once finished transfer to a glass container for storage is good for 30 days!
- Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl
- Coat hair strand by strand with mixture and cover with shower cap
- Let sit for 5 minutes then rinse
- Best done before bed
GET YOUR SPA ON!
For those interested in knowing more about the benefits of cacao, here is a well-written article we approve of written by Dr. Merry an M.D, Ph.D, article on cacao.
1.Dark Chocolate the “Love Drug”
Eating Dark Chocolate releases Phenylethylamine and Serotonin. The chemical Phenylethylamine a chemical much like amphetamine is released in the brain when individuals feel love. The release of which is helped along by Serotonin, the combination of the increased levels of these chemicals induce feelings of love.
2. Dark Chocolate the Heart Opener
Cacao was used by the Maya as a “Heart Opening” agent during Cacao Ceremonies. A ceremony in which a Shaman would by the use of Cacao Drink prepare warriors for battle or assist in paving the way towards a physical or emotional journey. Luckily we hold Cacao Ceremonies on the last Friday of every month sign up here!
3. Dark Chocolate the Mood Lifter
Dark Chocolate releases Endorphins in the brain that are known to decrease levels of stress anxiety and pain, making chocolate a great way to start your day! Our signature Cacao Mylks are packed with the super food and are a great way to get your daily dose of chocolate in a both nutritious and delicious way.
4. Dark Chocolate the Stimulant
Take a cup of coffee for your morning, well think again. Dark Chocolate contains Theobromine a chemical cousin to Caffeine but a far healthier option, Theobromine gives the same boosted feel of consuming Caffeine. There’s 250 milligrams of Theobromine in a 50 gram bar of dark chocolate and ALL our chocolate is dark.
5. Dark Chocolate is actually good for your heart!
Dark Chocolate contains Flavonoids a group of Phytochemicals that like antioxidants help fight heart disease and other ailments affecting the heart. And get this Dark Chocolate contains more Flavonoids than apples, apricots, grapes, tea, legumes and more! Check out our "Dark Chocolate covered Cacao Beans" if you break one open and see it's purple inside as proof of it's Flavanoids!
Make sure to grab you a "Mood Lifter", "Heart Opener", "Love Drug" Superfood!