- Heat up your liquid on the stovetop and add small pieces of chocolate bars or powder and whisk together.
- Place the 3 grams Matcha powder into a small glass and add a small amount of hot water. Use a bamboo matcha whisk and whisk to dissolve powder with water.
- Add your whisked Matcha to your hot chocolate and mix.
Have you had one of our CBD Cacao Mylks and wish you can make it at home?
With our 220mg Full Spectrum Cacao CBD Tincture, some chocolate, your favorite milk and a little time you, can make it at home.
- 40-50 grams favorite ChocoVivo Bars or Powder
- 8-10 oz. of favorite milk
- 1 dropper (10mg) full of ChocoVivo Cacao Full Spectrum CBD Tincture
- Heat up your liquid on the stovetop and add small pieces of chocolate bars or powder and whisk together.
- Measure 1 dropper full (~10mg CBD) of ChocoVivo Cacao CBD tincture and stir into the hot chocolate.
- Sit back and enjoy :)
220mg Full Spectrum Cacao CBD tinctures available in two flavors. Cacao and Mint
If you’ve ever been to ChocoVivo you may know that the menu is a little tricky to sort out and finding what you’ll like and what you’ll love takes two or more trips to the store to know for certain. We know you’re busy so we’ve put together this post to help you find that favorite menu item or bar on your first try!
When you first enter ChocoVivo you’ll see our fridge. Our fridge is stocked with ChocoVivo’s “grab-and-go’s”. Inside you’ll find our famous Cacao Mylks a chilled version of our Hot Chocolates always ready to grab in your favorite flavors the Mayan 100% and Coffee Vanilla. The fridge also holds our renowned CBD cacao mylks in Mayan Tradition, Coffee Vanilla and 100%. Our Brownies: both Gluten free and Vegan as well as any seasonal options such as this summer’s Hazelnut Tortes. You’ll also find our Quinoa Krispies and Cacao Butter Pouches. In the fridge you can also find Sparkling water and VOSS water.
On the left of the fridge lies the glorious Chocolate Shelf. Along with our limited edition items you’ll see our regulars such as the Pure Bars 65% to 100% and the Blended Bars: Coffee + Vanilla, Shangri-la, Mayan Tradition, and more. You’ll also see our jarred Cacao Butters Hazelnut, Pecan, Almond, Pistachio all in sweetened and unsweetened versions. Towards the bottom shelf you’ll see our Chocolate Covered Cacao Beans and Nibs in Cacao ranging from 60% to 80%.
Next to the shelf you’ll see our many options for apothecary. Stacked with Cacao Body and Hair Oils and Bitters this is a section you surely won’t want to miss.
Adjacent to the shelf is the Bookcase a relatively new edition which holds an array of different books we have at the moment. Always changing our bookshelf holds books both related and unrelated to cacao. Ranging from YOGA photobooks to Cacao Expert book editions.
- The first section of our menu holds our list of drinks. In a three step process you’ll choose your drink style, then your liquid: organic whole milk, nut milk, and seasonal milk. Last but certainly not least you’ll choose your chocolate. All of our chocolate is made in house we even know our grower ranging from the sweetest Coffee and Vanilla to the purist 100% your chocolate choice for your drink will truly tell which becomes your favorite so be wise!
- Under the drink section is our dessert menu here you’ll find great options with cookies, ice cream, pie and more. Note many of our deserts take a moment to prepare so be prepared to wait up to 10 minutes for any ordered specialty desserts.
- Coffee. While our specialty is Chocolate we do also serve a mean coffee next to the dessert section you’ll see our different coffee options for those of you who like a little coffee as an option.
Our chocolate tastings are more of an experience than a to go option and more than your standard after dinner dessert. Read more about the newbie and regular fave.
Ice Cream Menu
We carry several delicious ice cream options from Salt and Straw our sizes come in a Standard scoop for $5, a Big Scoop for $6, 3 flavors 3 scoops for $9 you can also add a cone for $0.75.
Dark Chocolate is not only a great dessert and snack. It can be incorporated into your skin regimen. When you eat concentrated dark chocolate (70% and higher) you will benefit from the flavonoids and phytonutrients that are naturally occuring in cacao. When eaten on a regular basis, flavonoids help skin to reflect UV light, which contributes to improved skin appearance by reducing photo damage and collagen breakdown.
You don't need to eat it in order to obtain these benefits. Below are a few recipes to use cacao to moisturize skin and hair, prevent wrinkles, and improve hair elasticity.
1. Cacao Foot and Hand Scrub
- 5 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- 3 drops of Chocovivo Chocolate + Rose Body Oil ( a little goes a long way)
- Add all the ingredients together store in a small glass container.
- Use on hand and feet to scrub away dead skin and leave your hand feet and cuticles soft and moisturized use once a week or as needed
2. Aloe Vera and Cacao Powder Hair Mask
- 4 tablespoons of organic Aloe Vera
- 3 tablespoons of Chocovivo 100% cacao Powder
- Mix the ingredients together
- Apply to damp hair and leave on for 30 minutes
- Rinse off and welcome moisturized and CLEAN! Hair
3. Rosewater and CBD Cacao Tincture Hair Rinse
- 1 cup Rose petals and distilled water “or” store bought rosewater
- 4 drops of ChocoVivo’s CBD Cacao Tincture
- To make your own rosewater
- bring distilled water to a boil in a lidded pot
- Use 4 rose head petals and put roses in pot
- Cover pot with lid and let simmer
- Once petals lose color turn off heat and let sit for 20 minutes
- Once finished transfer to a glass container for storage is good for 30 days!
- Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl
- Coat hair strand by strand with mixture and cover with shower cap
- Let sit for 5 minutes then rinse
- Best done before bed
GET YOUR SPA ON!
For those interested in knowing more about the benefits of cacao, here is a well-written article we approve of written by Dr. Merry an M.D, Ph.D, article on cacao.
Does your child love chocolate? What better way to educate them where chocolate comes from and how it's made than to take them to our introductory course for children! ChocoVivo is excited to host the next generation of chocolate makers and teach them the ins and outs of the chocolate making process.
Buy your tickets HERE
Eating Dark Chocolate releases Phenylethylamine and Serotonin. The chemical Phenylethylamine a chemical much like amphetamine is released in the brain when individuals feel love. The release of which is helped along by Serotonin, the combination of the increased levels of these chemicals induce feelings of love.
2. Dark Chocolate the Heart Opener
Cacao was used by the Maya as a “Heart Opening” agent during Cacao Ceremonies. A ceremony in which a Shaman would by the use of Cacao Drink prepare warriors for battle or assist in paving the way towards a physical or emotional journey. Luckily we hold Cacao Ceremonies on the last Friday of every month sign up here!
3. Dark Chocolate the Mood Lifter
Dark Chocolate releases Endorphins in the brain that are known to decrease levels of stress anxiety and pain, making chocolate a great way to start your day! Our signature Cacao Mylks are packed with the super food and are a great way to get your daily dose of chocolate in a both nutritious and delicious way.
4. Dark Chocolate the Stimulant
Take a cup of coffee for your morning, well think again. Dark Chocolate contains Theobromine a chemical cousin to Caffeine but a far healthier option, Theobromine gives the same boosted feel of consuming Caffeine. There’s 250 milligrams of Theobromine in a 50 gram bar of dark chocolate and ALL our chocolate is dark.
5. Dark Chocolate is actually good for your heart!
Dark Chocolate contains Flavonoids a group of Phytochemicals that like antioxidants help fight heart disease and other ailments affecting the heart. And get this Dark Chocolate contains more Flavonoids than apples, apricots, grapes, tea, legumes and more! Check out our "Dark Chocolate covered Cacao Beans" if you break one open and see it's purple inside as proof of it's Flavanoids!
Make sure to grab you a "Mood Lifter", "Heart Opener", "Love Drug" Superfood!
1.Los Angeles Chocolate Tasting Tour
For chocolate lovers and great for date night, take a tour of LA’s best chocolate tastes and indulge in everyone’s favorite chocolate. For 3 hours and 69 a person try chocolate from different chocolatiers in the L.A. area including your truly ChocoVivo! Learn more here!
2. ChocoVivo’s Chocolate Tasting
If you’re looking for a great way to spend an evening that doesn’t take 3 hours and is great for date night families and friends alike come on over and try our Chocolate Tasting. From the most bitter 100% cacao to the least Coffee and Vanilla we’ll give you 13 chocolates we make in house for $10 dollars and get this you can come in any time for it. Just order a full chocolate tasting the next time you drop by. Unsure of what you’re getting into checkout this article “How to Enjoy a Proper Chocolate Tasting at ChocoVivo”
Ever wanted to learn how to make chocolate?Learn how to make chocolate with Chef Ryan. Best thing about this one is you can go to Chef Ryan or have Chef Ryan come to you. For $110 a person you can enjoy a full 3 course class and get a cool skill for your next gift. Sign up and make your chocolate making dreams come true here!
A gem of HollyWood and Beverly Hills Edelweiss Chocolate Company circa 1942. Tour the chocolate factory that catered to stars such as Katharine Hepburn, Nancy Reagan and members of the Golden Age of Hollywood. Get a tour of the facilities that made this chocolate world renowned and forever a gem of the Golden Era of Hollywood.
A sacred Mayan Tradition right here in the heart of LA.The last Friday of Every Month ChocoVivo holds a Cacao Ceremony a ceremony that through the use of sound baths and ceremonial cacao drink a process called heart opening is initiated and allows for the beginning of a revelation emotional or physical. Read more here or if you’re ready go ahead and sign up.
Nuts and Chocolate go together like salt & pepper meaning it can be added to a variety of dishes to amplify the taste to all sorts of snacks/dishes. We have a variety of Chocolate Nut Butters that we produce.
Each nut has its' unique benefits.
-Almonds have some very beneficial impacts on blood sugar. Research shows that they reduce blood sugar and insulin levels in diabetics as well as non-diabetics.
-Hazelnuts contain the highest amount of PACs (important polyphenols with high levels of antioxidant capabilities) among nut varieties.
-Pistachios are high in fiber, which is good for your gut bacteria. Eating pistachios may increase the number of bacteria that produce beneficial short-chain fatty acids like butyrate.
-Pecans have protein, vitamin E, and antioxidant properties which help in protecting the heart and reducing the risk of hypertension.
1. Salted Pistachio Butter Fudge
- 1/2 cup of our salted pistachio butter (110g)
- 1 large banana (150g) (Can sub with 2/3 cup coconut butter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut butter OR melted virgin coconut oil
- pinch uncut stevia OR 2 tbsp powdered sugar or pure maple syrup
Combine all ingredients in a small blender until completely smooth, OR mash the banana and stir together ingredients very patiently by hand until completely smooth. Scoop into a small plastic container. Freeze until firm. Due to the viscosity of coconut, this fudge is best stored in the freezer.
2.Almond Butter Fruit Dip
- 2 (5.3 oz) containers Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or 1 slightly heaping cup)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp honey , or to taste
Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend until smooth. Serve with fruit (recommended bananas, apples, raspberries or strawberries). Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
3.Black Sesame Banana Ice Cream
3 tablespoons of Black Sesame Butter
3 large, ripe bananas
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
a super teeny-tiny dash of cinnamon
sea salt to taste
Cut the bananas into small chunks and freeze until solid, at least 1-2 hours. Transfer the bananas to a very strong blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Within a few minutes, you should be seeing a thick, creamy ice-creamy mixture in the blender. Add the Black Sesame Butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sea salt, and anything else you might like in there. Pulse the blender quickly to stir the ingredients all together and when everything is mixed, serve immediately.
4. Pecan Butter stuffed French Toast
4-6 tablespoons Pecan Butter
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
4 slices French bread
2 tablespoons Pecan Butter
Powdered sugar, for serving
In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk the eggs and milk together. Spread 2 slices of the bread with the Pecan Butter, about 2-3 tablespoons per slice. Place the other slices of bread on top and gently press them together. Carefully dip both sides of each sandwich into the egg mixture until well coated. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the French toast sandwiches and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Cut the sandwiches in half on the diagonal and transfer to plates. Drizzle with Lori’s Salt Caramel Syrup and dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately
5. Hazelnut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 2 bananas, broken into chunks
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Hazelnut Butter
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Place bananas, milk, Hazelnut Butter, honey, and ice cubes in a blender; blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
Get your butter and make something great!