Dark Chocolate is not only a great dessert and snack. It can be incorporated into your skin regimen. When you eat concentrated dark chocolate (70% and higher) you will benefit from the flavonoids and phytonutrients that are naturally occuring in cacao. When eaten on a regular basis, flavonoids help skin to reflect UV light, which contributes to improved skin appearance by reducing photo damage and collagen breakdown.
You don't need to eat it in order to obtain these benefits. Below are a few recipes to use cacao to moisturize skin and hair, prevent wrinkles, and improve hair elasticity.
1. Cacao Foot and Hand Scrub
- 5 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- 3 drops of Chocovivo Chocolate + Rose Body Oil ( a little goes a long way)
- Add all the ingredients together store in a small glass container.
- Use on hand and feet to scrub away dead skin and leave your hand feet and cuticles soft and moisturized use once a week or as needed
2. Aloe Vera and Cacao Powder Hair Mask
- 4 tablespoons of organic Aloe Vera
- 3 tablespoons of Chocovivo 100% cacao Powder
- Mix the ingredients together
- Apply to damp hair and leave on for 30 minutes
- Rinse off and welcome moisturized and CLEAN! Hair
3. Rosewater and CBD Cacao Tincture Hair Rinse
- 1 cup Rose petals and distilled water “or” store bought rosewater
- 4 drops of ChocoVivo’s CBD Cacao Tincture
- To make your own rosewater
- bring distilled water to a boil in a lidded pot
- Use 4 rose head petals and put roses in pot
- Cover pot with lid and let simmer
- Once petals lose color turn off heat and let sit for 20 minutes
- Once finished transfer to a glass container for storage is good for 30 days!
- Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl
- Coat hair strand by strand with mixture and cover with shower cap
- Let sit for 5 minutes then rinse
- Best done before bed
GET YOUR SPA ON!
For those interested in knowing more about the benefits of cacao, here is a well-written article we approve of written by Dr. Merry an M.D, Ph.D, article on cacao.